Let's Make some Beautiful Noise
Allyson teaches French Horn at locations in Minneapolis and Edina. She has been a full time private teacher and local freelance musician in the Twin Cities since 2007. With an active studio of over 30 students, Allyson teaches students of all levels from absolute beginner to pre-collegiate to adults. She has a methodical and unique teaching philosophy. Each student’s lesson is tailored to individual needs and all practice assignments are assigned based on current ability and the personal goals of each student.
Allyson is a skilled musician with training from some of the top conservatories and teachers from around the world. She is a lover of all music genres and enjoys sharing her knowledge, passion and expertise of music with her students. Allyson only teaches French Horn and is not a general brass teacher.
Her private studio currently has limited openings for fall 2017. Lessons are 30, 45, and 60 minutes long depending on current ability. Call or email to discuss what length is right for you or your child.
What Some of My Students Have Done
- Charlie Kluko was awarded Best at Site at Edina Schools Solofest.
- Uma Bhati participates in GTCYS Symphony (top group) this year and will participate in a tour of Europe in June.
- About 25% of my 2017-2018 academic year students participate in one or more youth orchestra programs like GTCYS and MYS.
- All of my students that participated in 2017 Solo Fest in Edina Public Schools received a “Superior” rating.
- Multiple students have been chosen by their band directors to attend honor bands at local colleges in the region.
- Former student Erin Louwagie is pursuing a music minor at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities alongside her engineering degree.
- Many former students participate in ensembles in college in order to continue playing beyond high school.