Attendance & Makeup Lesson Policy
Regular attendance is critical for successful musical development. Each semester has a makeup time built into the schedule. My studio uses a strict policy as courteous cancellations allow me to schedule a makeup or extra lesson in your slot for a fellow student in my studio. Your scheduled lesson time is reserved especially for you. If you are aware of a lesson conflict in advance, please contact me so we can find an alternate time during the same week.
- You must give at least 24 hours of advanced notice if you cannot attend your scheduled lesson for any reason other than illness. School events and sports activities are scheduled in advance and therefore not a reason to give less than 24 hours notice. I make exceptions for sports and other activities such as gaining a spot in a championship or competition which cannot be known in advance.
- A missed lesson without proper notice is considered an absence and no makeup lesson will be offered.
- Tuition is paid by the semester and therefore is a commitment to be a student for the semester. Any remaining makeup lessons that are not made up by the end of the semester cannot be carried into the next the semester.
- Makeup lessons are scheduled at my discretion depending on my teaching location and time availability.
- Makeup lessons will be made up for lessons that cannot be scheduled due to religious holidays observed by the student.
- Makeup lessons will be made for cancellations resulting from illness.
- Any lesson that is canceled by me will be offered a makeup lesson.
In Case of Illness
We work in close proximity during lessons and many students come through the studio each day. If the student has been ill, please refrain from attending lessons until the student has been fever-free for at least 24 hours. This also applies for any stomach flu symptoms. I will offer makeup lessons for those cancelled due to illness.
- Tuition is due by the beginning of the semester. Tuition can either be paid monthly via reaccuring billing, or in full by check. There are no exceptions except for prior arrangements made with me for situations such as unemployment or a death in the family.
- I cannot offer refunds for tuition pre-paid as it reserves your weekly lesson time for the following month.
- All checks must be made out to Farrell Music, LLC.